A. M. Turaz, the gifted Indian lyricist, is a masterful weaver of emotions through his poetic verses. With a penchant for soulful melodies, he has carved a niche in Bollywood’s music industry.
Born on 19 Sep 1974, in Muzaffarnagar, India, as Asrarul Haque Turaz, his lyrical brilliance has touched the hearts of millions, earning him immense acclaim and recognition. A. M. Turaz’s journey began with a passion for poetry, leading him to venture into Bollywood as a lyricist.
His enchanting compositions have graced numerous films, evoking a myriad of emotions in listeners. Though a prominent figure in the industry, he remains modest about his personal life, keeping the focus on his artistic craft.
With a string of timeless songs and prestigious awards to his credit, A. M. Turaz stands tall as one of Bollywood’s most respected wordsmiths.
|Full Name||Asrarul Haque Turaz (A. M. Turaz)|
|Date of Birth||September 19, 1974|
|Age||48 years (as of 2023)|
|Family||Not Publicly Known|
|Wife||Not Publicly Known|
|Children||Not Publicly Known|
|Famous For||Soulful and emotive songwriting|
|Movies||Notable contributions in Bollywood movies|
|Songs||Soulful and diverse compositions|
|Television||Not involved in television projects|
|Relationship & Affairs||Not publicly disclosed|
|Awards||Nominations for Filmfare, Zee Cine, Mirchi Music Awards, and others.|
A. M. Turaz Early Life and Hometown:
A. M. Turaz, whose real name is Asrarul Haque Turaz, was born on September 19, 1974, in the vibrant city of Muzaffarnagar, India. Raised amidst the cultural richness of his hometown, young Turaz developed a profound love for language and literature from an early age. Growing up, he immersed himself in the world of poetry and honed his skills as a wordsmith.
His passion for writing and poetry paved the way for a promising artistic journey. A. M. Turaz’s early life in Muzaffarnagar played a significant role in shaping his artistic sensibilities, and it was here that he nurtured the creative spark that would later make him a renowned lyricist in the Bollywood music industry.
Today, at the age of 48 (as of 2023), A. M. Turaz continues to enchant listeners with his lyrical brilliance, touching hearts with his soulful compositions, and carrying the essence of his beloved hometown with him on his artistic odyssey.
A. M. Turaz Career in Bollywood:
A. M. Turaz has had a prolific career in Bollywood as a prominent and talented lyricist. He is known for his soulful and emotive compositions that have left a lasting impact on the music industry. Here are some key highlights of A. M. Turaz’s career in Bollywood:
- Debut in “Maachis”: A. M. Turaz made his Bollywood debut as a lyricist with the song “Chhod Aaye Hum” in the critically acclaimed movie “Maachis” (1996). His poignant lyrics earned him early recognition.
- Varied Songwriting: Over the years, he has displayed versatility in his songwriting, penning songs in various genres, from romantic ballads to intense and emotional tracks.
- Collaborations with Renowned Composers: A. M. Turaz has collaborated with some of the industry’s leading music composers, including A. R. Rahman, Pritam, Vishal-Shekhar, and others, resulting in memorable songs.
- Sufi and Spiritual Influence: His deep understanding of Sufi philosophy and spirituality is reflected in his profound Sufi songs, which have resonated with audiences and added depth to Bollywood soundtracks.
- Notable Contributions: A. M. Turaz has contributed to the music of several successful films, including “Bajrangi Bhaijaan,” “Kabir Singh,” “Raazi,” “Prem Ratan Dhan Payo,” and more.
- Awards and Nominations: His exceptional songwriting skills have earned him nominations for prestigious awards like Filmfare, Zee Cine, and Mirchi Music Awards.
- Published Poet: Beyond Bollywood, A. M. Turaz is also a published poet and has showcased his literary works in various poetic collections.
- Respected Figure: He is regarded as one of the most respected and talented lyricists in the industry, with his verses touching the hearts of listeners and leaving a lasting impact.
A. M. Turaz’s career in Bollywood continues to flourish, and his lyrical magic continues to contribute to the beauty and emotion of Indian cinema’s music landscape.
A. M. Turaz Songs:
A. M. Turaz, the talented Indian lyricist, has graced the Bollywood music industry with his soul-stirring verses. His poetic brilliance and emotive compositions have added depth and meaning to numerous songs, leaving an indelible mark on Indian music.
Here are some of A. M. Turaz’s notable songs:
- “Tumhe Apna Banane Ka” – Movie: Hate Story 3 (2015) This romantic track beautifully captures the essence of love and desire. A. M. Turaz’s emotive verses create an enchanting ambiance, making it a favorite among fans of soulful melodies.
- “Jalte Diye” – Movie: Prem Ratan Dhan Payo (2015) A heartwarming song that exudes love and devotion, “Jalte Diye” showcases A. M. Turaz’s lyrical brilliance. The poetic verses add depth to the emotional journey of the film’s characters.
- “Jeetne Ke Liye” – Movie: Azhar (2016) This inspiring track celebrates the spirit of triumph and determination. A. M. Turaz’s powerful lyrics encourage the protagonist to overcome obstacles, making it a motivational anthem.
- “Tu Jo Hain” – Movie: Mr. X (2015) A hauntingly beautiful composition, “Tu Jo Hain” explores themes of love and longing. A. M. Turaz’s words paint a picture of yearning, complementing the film’s mysterious plot.
- “Aaj Phir” – Movie: Hate Story 2 (2014) This sensuous and passionate song features A. M. Turaz’s evocative lyrics, expressing raw emotions and desire. The song’s intensity and romance struck a chord with audiences.
- “Maula” – Movie: Bangistan (2015) “Maula” is a soul-stirring Sufi track that showcases A. M. Turaz’s versatility. The spiritual essence of his words adds depth to the film’s narrative.
- “Aafreen” – Movie: 1920 London (2016) A melodious song with enchanting lyrics, “Aafreen” captivates listeners with its romantic and mystical undertones, showcasing A. M. Turaz’s poetic finesse.
- “Tera Ban Jaunga” – Movie: Kabir Singh (2019) A heart-touching love ballad, “Tera Ban Jaunga” showcases A. M. Turaz’s ability to evoke deep emotions. His heartfelt verses elevate the song’s emotional impact.
- “Ae Watan” – Movie: Raazi (2018) This patriotic anthem pays tribute to the nation and its unsung heroes. A. M. Turaz’s poignant lyrics add a sense of pride and love for the motherland.
- “Tu Jo Mila” – Movie: Bajrangi Bhaijaan (2015) A soulful song that expresses the joy of finding love, “Tu Jo Mila” features A. M. Turaz’s poetic prowess, making it a heartwarming melody loved by all.
|Tumhe Apna Banane Ka||Hate Story 3||2015|
|Jalte Diye||Prem Ratan Dhan Payo||2015|
|Jeetne Ke Liye||Azhar||2016|
|Tu Jo Hain||Mr. X||2015|
|Aaj Phir||Hate Story 2||2014|
|Tera Ban Jaunga||Kabir Singh||2019|
|Tu Jo Mila||Bajrangi Bhaijaan||2015|
|Tumhe Jo Maine Dekha||Main Hoon Na||2004|
|Phir Mohabbat||Murder 2||2011|
|Tu Chahiye||Bajrangi Bhaijaan||2015|
|Bhool Na Jaana||Main Aurr Mrs Khanna||2009|
|Mere Khwabon Mein||Race||2008|
|Piya Aaye Na||Aashiqui 2||2013|
|Hai Apna Dil To Awara||The Xpose||2014|
|Aaj Ibaadat||Bajirao Mastani||2015|
|Saiyaara||Ek Tha Tiger||2012|
|Phir Na Milen Kabhi||Malang||2020|
A. M. Turaz’s lyrical magic has left an indelible mark on Bollywood’s music scene, with his verses enriching the stories and emotions depicted in these memorable songs.
Awards and Achievements:
A. M. Turaz, the talented Indian lyricist, has received recognition and accolades for his remarkable contributions to Bollywood music. While specific details about all his awards and achievements might not be exhaustive, here are some of his notable honors:
- Filmfare Awards: A. M. Turaz has been nominated for the prestigious Filmfare Awards for his outstanding work as a lyricist in various movies.
- Zee Cine Awards: He has also been recognized and nominated for the Zee Cine Awards for his exceptional songwriting skills.
- Mirchi Music Awards: A. M. Turaz has been honored at the Mirchi Music Awards for his soulful and emotive compositions.
- IIFA Awards: He has received nominations and appreciation at the International Indian Film Academy Awards for his impactful lyrics.
- Screen Awards: A. M. Turaz’s lyrical prowess has earned him recognition and accolades at the Screen Awards.
- Stardust Awards: He has been acknowledged at the Stardust Awards for his contribution to the music of Hindi cinema.
- Guild Awards: A. M. Turaz has been honored and nominated at the Guild Awards for his exceptional work as a lyricist.
These awards and achievements stand as a testament to A. M. Turaz’s talent and his ability to create heart-touching and soulful lyrics that resonate with audiences. His lyrical magic continues to enrich the world of Bollywood music and cement his place as one of the most respected lyricists in the industry.
Here are some interesting facts about A. M. Turaz:
- Pen Name: A. M. Turaz’s real name is Asrarul Haque Turaz. He is known by his pen name “Turaz” in the Bollywood music industry.
- Early Passion for Poetry: A. M. Turaz developed a passion for poetry from a young age and was deeply influenced by the works of renowned poets and writers.
- Bollywood Debut: He made his debut as a lyricist in Bollywood with the song “Chhod Aaye Hum” from the movie “Maachis” (1996).
- Versatility: A. M. Turaz is known for his versatility as a lyricist. He has written songs in various genres, including romantic, patriotic, Sufi, and emotional tracks.
- Collaborations: He has collaborated with several music composers and directors, including A. R. Rahman, Pritam, Vishal-Shekhar, and many others.
- Prestigious Projects: A. M. Turaz has contributed to the music of blockbuster films like “Bajrangi Bhaijaan,” “Kabir Singh,” “Raazi,” “Prem Ratan Dhan Payo,” and more.
- Lyricist and Poet: Besides writing songs for films, he is also a poet and has published his poetry in various literary works.
- Award Nominations: A. M. Turaz’s exceptional songwriting skills have earned him nominations for prestigious awards like Filmfare, Zee Cine, and Mirchi Music Awards.
- Influence of Sufism: His deep-rooted understanding of Sufi philosophy is reflected in his heartfelt Sufi songs that touch the souls of listeners.
- Passionate about Literature: A. M. Turaz’s love for literature and poetry remains a driving force behind his emotive and soulful compositions.